Monday, August 1, 2011

BUS 3700 Oral Presentation Topic

I chose to do my oral presentation on a Therapy Intake.  I chose to do this because:


1- I am super familiar seeing as I've been doing it for three years
2- It seemed to be the most interesting thing I do.


I say this because no one wants to hear about how I shovel the tide walks, or do supply orders, or do the dishes at my job. I wanted to do something that some people may have had no clue about.  I know before I started calling insurances myself and all of the "behind the scenes" work I had no idea how much it took just to be a client somewhere.  It's basically the same procedure to go to the doctors office or anywhere else.


I really love my job and am happy that I had the opportunity to work there the past 3 years.  I work in our counseling program so I don't get to actually WORK with the clients.. but I do get to know them as they become regulars. I like knowing that the agency I work for helps people in need. I am going to be sad when I spend my last day there next week but I know that this is a step in my career and it's a great one.


I'm currently having issues making my presentation long enough.  But I know I am talking super fast when I practice so I think I'll be okay once I S L O W D O W N. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment