Wednesday, July 27, 2011

7/27/11 Good Employee Trait

My #1 trait that I believe sets me apart from other job applicants in my field is that I am dedicated.  


I think it's important to be dedicated in your career because it strives you to work harder and do better.  With out dedication, people lack the motivation to be the best that they can be. A person who it truly dedicated will go out of their way to get the job done, and do it with a smile on their face. (Even if it's a fake smile.... just kidding.)


Being dedicated doesn't necessarily working overtime without pay, or volunteering at every picnic.. it's doing an honest days work every day and doing your best for the company you work for.  It's being a loyal employee.


I see a lot of people who lack dedication and they are miserable with work.  I think that's really sad because I want to love what I do, not hate it.  All they do is the minimum amount of work and wait for their pay check at the end of the week.  Sad sad sad...


It really bothers me when I see people "abuse the system" too.  I don't understand how anyone can be so selfish that they FAKE sick time, or put in not so honest hours that they have worked.  Or when they are asked to do something and say "That's not my job!" Excuse me, but a lot of people have to do things that aren't exactly in their job description.  It's called being a good employee. 


I am partially venting because I had a stressful day at work... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment