Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Team Projects

Team Projects in my opinion have pros and cons.  I like them because a large project split into smaller portions between the team members makes the project not feel as big, and it gets done a lot quicker.  I also like that there's a wide range of ideas that can be used to make the project better.


But.............. a team project can be a pain when there's a member who doesn't want to do anything and just sit there while everyone else does the work.  I've been really lucky the past few team projects I've been in because all of the members did their part.  Also, it can be annoying when someone tries to take the whole project into their own hands and not let anyone else get an idea in.  As the old saying goes ... "There is no I in TEAM." :)


I like the team member evaluations that we do.  I think it's important because of the possibility that a member doesn't do their equal part of the work compared to everyone else.  I certainly wouldn't want someone who sat and did nothing to get MY earned A.  It's just not fair to the others who worked hard.


I am excited/nervous about our project coming up that is due.  I only got to meet one of my team members last week but she seems like she's going to be a really good person to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment